Friday, January 9, 2009

Salted Nut Roll Bars Suck Arse

Or maybe it is me that sucks arse.......but either way I am blaming it on the recipe. I have pictures but I don't feel like uploading them. In actuality, the bars look fantastic......although they are a disguise of evil. I don't even really want to blog about it. It's over, they are in the garbage where they belong and maybe this weekends new Boston Cream Pie recipe will make up for them. Salted Nut Roll Bars are the bastard child of unsalted nut roll bars. Okay, I made that up.

Anywhoooo's

Tonight I am making pizza on the Big Green Egg. It is one of my favorite things to do and is my specialty. I am "known" for my pizzas. Tonight I am going top my crust with herbed olive oil, a 4 cheese blend (hormone free of course because I don't need my cows hopped up on estrogen I got a enough of that), thinly sliced pan roasted filet mignon, roasted red and yellow peppers and some sharp white cheddar. Going to pair that with a BLT salad of romaine hearts, grape tomatoes and crumbled bacon with some asiago and cracked peppercorn dressing. Dessert is store bought since the bastard arse nut rolls didn't turn out.....either a chocolate mousse or some apple blossoms. Cardio paddles are always close at hand....just chew the baby aspirin if you feel a heart attack coming on, it hits the blood stream faster. This is why I chug a flaxmeal smoothie every morning for breakfast with some shooters of Triple Omega 3 fish oil capsules...you can never start to early.




I leave you with a past pizza photo........olive oil base, mozzarella, asiago, italian turkey sausage, roasted red and yellow peppers and crumbled goat cheese, fresh oregano/basil/italian parsley. COME TO PAPA!




This is my apple pie pizza, which is the heading picture of my blog.

ABC of Yoga
Today I leave you with Salabhasana or Locust Pose...........

There is no better high than being in a silent room with a swarm of sweaty locusts.

2 comments:

Lora said...

What time is supper?

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Lora, if you leave now you can be here in time for cocktails and then we can grill.........hurry, get in your car and go. It is, what?? about 3 hours??